How to Maximize Your Chances for Dental Implant Retention
20 Feb, 2017
Implant home-care must begin even before the implant is placed to maintain a healthy field and promote good healing.
There are some things patients can do to maximize their Chances for Dental Implant Retention:
Post Operative Instructions
- Use ice packs or cold compresses at 20 minute intervals (20 on/20 off) for the first 24 hours after implant placement.
- Rinse the surgical site with warm water from next day onwards.
- Do not chew food on the implant site while it is still tender.
- A soft diet is recommended for the first few days.
- Take all prescribed medications.
- Brush your teeth throughout the entire mouth except at the surgical site.
Oral Hygiene Instructions for maintaining Dental Implants
- Brush twice daily with low-abrasive toothpaste.
- Floss with dental tape in a shoe shine motion.
- If recommended, use interdental brush, rubber tip, and/or water irrigation unit one to two times daily. It is extremely important to brush under and around the peri-implant area.
Patients should contact their implantology if they notice any of the following:
- Posts become visible above the gum line
- Prosthetic teeth feel loose, chip, or break
The tissue surrounding the implant should appear pink and firm with no signs of infection otherwise, it will be more prone to infection by disease-causing bacteria. The success of the Dental implants In Delhi depends directly on the health of this per mucosal seal.
Dental Implants, Dental Implants in India, dental implants in delhi, dental implant clinic in delhi, best dental implant clinic in ashok vihar, dental implant clinic delhi